The Tree of Knowledge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tree of Knowledge

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the War
Earth will never be the same again. Life as we know it has gone.
A War like no other grips the world like a vice, a war that will determine the survival of humanity. The Chthons have taken our cities and our towns, civilians live in encampments scattered around the world, praying they will not be found while the governments hide in their bunkers bickering over how they will stop this force.
Meanwhile the DPA do their utmost to protect survivors and the Guardians fight hard to keep the other supernatural's out of this deadly battle. The Nahash are doing whatever it takes to keep their pockets full of gold, all the while the vampires claw their way to the top of the food chain once more.
What will you do to survive?
Newbie Guide Links
Don't know where to start? Have a look at the links below to help you on your way to joining the war.
Race Index
The Factions
Plot Pages
Character Requests
News
Be sure to check the links below for faction updates! Someone might have a job for you!
The Bloody Times
The Black Market
Soldiers! Report!
Calling all Guardians
Latest topics
» Adele Blackwood
Getting To Know You EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:27 am by Adele Blackwood

» Et tu, Brute?
Getting To Know You EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:44 am by Doctor Anna Roberts

» How dangerous could a village called Mytchett be?
Getting To Know You EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:29 am by Doctor Anna Roberts

» Breakfast for the Goddesses
Getting To Know You EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:04 am by Lady Pandora

» Hangman 4
Getting To Know You EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:21 am by Plato Dresden

» The Price of Righteousness
Getting To Know You EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:00 am by Doctor Anna Roberts

» Politics of the Eternal World
Getting To Know You EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:51 pm by Doctor Anna Roberts

» Getting To Know You
Getting To Know You EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:47 pm by Kemrai

» Gemma's Requests
Getting To Know You EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:47 am by Doctor Anna Roberts

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 49 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:18 pm
Affiliates
The Tree Of Knowledge
free forum

The Land of Dheynor RPG-D

Getting To Know You

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Doctor Anna Roberts
Admin
Doctor Anna Roberts

Getting To Know You Empty
PostSubject: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:23 am

Hey guys, thought I'd do the standard introductory thread. Although I know most people on the site, someone of you don't know the others atm.

To kick things off I'm Gemma, tortured writer, physics student, scifi fanatic and general geek.
Back to top Go down
Seraphina

Seraphina

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:27 am

Gemmy Bear where did you get that signature? lol! I couldn't stop looking at it for like a minute before I could reply, its weirdly hypnotic.

Ok I'm Mel and a writing buddy of Gem. Haven't roleplayed for years but looking forward to getting back into it. I live in the States and work in admin... fun.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Anna Roberts
Admin
Doctor Anna Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:29 am

I found it randomly, couldn't tell you where exactly lol. Morgan was saying how it looks like she's saying "really?" In a questioning way. I thought it sums up Anna lol so I went for it. Is Matt still up for joining?
Back to top Go down
Seraphina

Seraphina

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:34 am

Yeah he was interested in doing a disgruntled Nahash Goblin Very Happy Said something about this one not being as loyal as the rest and after growing sick of enslavement decided to go rogue. He'll be on later as its only like midday over here.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Anna Roberts
Admin
Doctor Anna Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:38 am

Sounds like fun! He can use the goblin in HP7 as a playby as well. Hopefully I'll catch him online later then but its 5.30 here so I'll probably be in bed by the time he gets online. Fingers crossed I'll catch him though. Nice bio btw Very Happy Can I tempt you into any other characters?
Back to top Go down
Seraphina

Seraphina

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:40 am

Thanks dude. I was thinking of a crazy soldier for the DPA. I'll keep you informed Razz
Back to top Go down
Jacob Garrison

Jacob Garrison

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:26 am

Hello all, I'm Morgan and I like to think I am a tortured writer like Gemma, but to be a tortured writer you must write (even if it is occasionally). I kid. I try to write as much as possible so roleplaying has been great to me for the past ten years or so. I feel so old writing that, I remember when it used to be "Oh, I've been rping for five years." Ten years sounds so long doesn't it? Anyway, I'm rambling.

I'm a politics student graduate with the intention of returning to uni to do a Masters. I'm a ballroom dancer and teacher as well so if you're looking for some tips on how to do the cha cha then send your questions this way Very Happy

Re: Gemma's sig. I love it so much. I can just imagine Anna giving that look to someone.

Well I look forward to writing with you all. BTW, if you use msn or aim feel free to add me. I'm online until ridiculous o'clock more suited to America than Britian.
Back to top Go down
Seraphina

Seraphina

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:46 am

Nice to meet you Morgan. I'm in Arizona which Gem tells me is 7 hours behind you guys so I'll probably see you around at ridiculous o'clock. I can't even walk in a straight line I'm that uncoordinated. Cha Cha sounds like fun though.

So does anyone know when the site will begin? As in ready for posting.

Mel x
Back to top Go down
Doctor Anna Roberts
Admin
Doctor Anna Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:51 am

Yeah Morgan's definitely on Arizona time lol. Nadia (who plays Sadie) reckons in a couple of weeks. I think however it's good for us to start posting soon so when advertising starts people can see the site is already active. There's nothing like looking through sites and they're empty.

I'll make a forum for the UK Guardians which'll be off the coast of England and you guys can start there. I can then play wth Grace YAY.

I don't see you online btw Sad
Back to top Go down
Seraphina

Seraphina

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:55 am

Msn keeps crashing on me and I cannot be bothered to sort it out atm. Without people distracting me I'll get some writing done so I'm in NO rush to sort it.

We should start a hangman game.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Anna Roberts
Admin
Doctor Anna Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:56 am

Sad for msn but I know what you mean, it can be a blessing not to have it working.

Yeah I'm up for hangman, what subject matter? Supernatural things? I'll start it.
Back to top Go down
Sadie Smith

Sadie Smith

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:08 am

Howdy everyone Smile

I'm Nadia I've been roleplaying for about 8-9 years now (can't believe its been that long lol) Role playing is my favourite way to wind down and forget the stresses of the real world. I would love to have the time a patience to write a book but I lack the attention span so rping is perfect for me lol

Outside of rping I am an admin, but am looking to start college this September studying animal management Very Happy

I am looking forward to writing with you all Very Happy

Two weeks and I will get this up and running properly but as Gemma said, feel free to start posting now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seraphina

Seraphina

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:21 am

Hi Nadia Smile Nice to meet you.

Oooh animal management sounds like fun. To ask what may seem like a stupid question (don't say a word Gem) but.... what does that involve? Management sounds like the business end of looking after the animals. It would be interesting to do something like that but I like my animals fluffy, I'd be crap with the scaly ones *shudders* I'd just play with the dogs all day.
Back to top Go down
Sadie Smith

Sadie Smith

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:52 am

lol its not a stupid question Mel everyone asks me

its basically a course on how to look after a wide range of animals. you learn everything from breeding to general handling to feeding and housing of all sorts of different animals. I love animals Smile can't wait to get started Razz
Back to top Go down
Kemrai

Kemrai

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi all. I am Codi, I am from Australia and I have been role playing for about a year now. My favorite type of role playing is fantasy lol and I also am currently writing a book which I am having so much fun with. It's like RP'ing lol. I would have much preferred the name 'Isfalyn' but anyway.

I also have my own forum with Forumotion and I am going great with it. 6 members and I know them all Razz Can I write the link??? Its just that I have been with so many forums that consider this as spam. But at the minute my forum is having some appearance issues!!! -_-

I found TTOK with Forumotion Promotion where I hope to finally promote my forum when the 'issues' are fixed. I am very glad I found TTOK because the work put into this is amazing and also I love the writing font Razz

Also, I have a question, where do I make my Character Bio's? Do I PM them to someone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.anythingforum.forumotion.com/
Doctor Anna Roberts
Admin
Doctor Anna Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:32 am

Hi Codi Smile I'm Gemma and welcome to the site. We're glad to have you here Smile

Firstly, character bio's are to be posted in this forum: https://treeofknowledge.rpg-board.net/f1-character-applications

Here you'll find useful stuff as well, if you have any questions please PM me Smile

As for advertising that's completely cool, we have an advertising forum right at the bottom but its the other admin who usually deals with all that so I'll ask her lol, I'm not entirely sure how it all works as she made it.

Yeah sci-fi and fantasy is the best for writing in my opinion, I seem to write more sci fi stories but roleplay fantasy more :S If want need to bounce any ideas off of any of us, most of us here have written stories before as well, us writers need to support each other as play with them Smile

What part of Oz are you from? I've always wanted to visit Australia, looks so beautiful down there.
Back to top Go down
Sadie Smith

Sadie Smith

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:35 am

Hey Codi! Welcome to TTOK!

Of course you can write the link Very Happy i don't consider it spam, I think advertising on each others forums is a great y to get new members Smile Just post your link/advert in the 'First Link' board of the advertising section Smile

I've always wanted to go to aussie too Smile i have family ot thre but for some reason i've never been :s

Back to top Go down
Kemrai

Kemrai

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks!

I am from Central Queensland. We live on an 18'000 acres property.

Thanks, I will post it there!

How many posts do I need before I can post the link?
Back to top Go down
Sadie Smith

Sadie Smith

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:14 pm

You can post it whenever you like Codi, there not criteria for you to put it up Smile
Back to top Go down
Kemrai

Kemrai

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Oh, Thanks Razz Wait, sorry, I just remembered what it said Razz New members can't post external links until 7 days -_-

Could I have my forum in the Affiliates?

Also, I am currently making my character Bio! I can't wait to start RP'ing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sadie Smith

Sadie Smith

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:07 pm

So long as you add us to your affiliates i'm more than happy to affiliate with you too Smile I'm setting up an affiliate thread in a moment if you can post your code there. I am in the process of getting out affiliate code showing in one of the widgets so keep an eye out for it when its up and add us to you site Very Happy

Can't wait to see you bio Razz
Back to top Go down
Kemrai

Kemrai

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You   Getting To Know You EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:47 pm

this is my forum.. just so you can have a look now. It's just that I don't know how to make affiliates or where I should put it :/

Well, I am not allowed to post links yet.. but anyway.. put in this

ht
tp:/
/
any
thing
forum
.forum
otion
.co
m/

obviously altogether Razz